Small Team, Big Results
The great thing about working with a smaller firm. Everyone contributes. When you need a response, it’s all hands on deck. Because we are boutique size, we can prioritize your needs, focus on your goals and provide the solutions right for you.
Jeff Platt, JD, LLM, CFA, CFP®
Founder, Chief Investment Officer
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA in Political Science
- Juris Doctor degree from Western State University, College of Law
- Master of Laws in Taxation, the University of San Diego School of Law
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation in 1994
- CFA, Chartered Financial Analyst designation
Jeff currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center and received its Volunteer of the Year award in 2016. He is a member of the Investment Committees of the United Way of San Diego and the Jewish Community Foundation of San Diego. Besides being a member of the National Association of Personal Advisors (NAPFA).
Jeff is also a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), the CFA Institute, and the Rady Children’s Hospital Foundation Estates and Trusts Executive Committee and Council. Previously, he served on the board of the San Diego Chapter of the Institute of Financial Planners and was an adjunct professor for the College for Financial Planning. Jeff has completed the Trusted Charitable Advisor Program offered by the Jewish Community Foundation of San Diego. He has been named one of the Best Five Star Wealth Managers by San Diego Magazine for multiple years. In 2016, he earned his black belt in Karate from Pacific Martial Arts.
“I believe that personal and customized advice and portfolio management is in the best of interest of our clients. It may take more time and effort to offer these custom solutions rather than cookie-cutter plans or portfolios, but we serve our clients better in the long-run as a result.” -Jeff Platt
Director of Operations
- Fifteen years in the technology industry working from the ground up as a designer, project manager and operations director
- Launched over fifty enterprise level web and mobile applications
- Bachelors of Science in Design from the University of California, Davis
Angela oversees business operations, including bookkeeping, billing, vendor management, regulatory and licensing requirements, human resources, and facilities management. She designs and implements Platt Wealth Management business vision, focusing on marketing analysis and long-term planning. A fourth generation San Diegan, she still body surfs, but only in the summer! She enjoys painting, creative writing, reading, swimming and hiking in her free time.
“I go home happy when clients walk out of a financial plan or investments review meeting laughing and nodding their heads in relief and excitement. I know we’ve made a difference. I know that they feel more financially confident.” -Angela Melfi
Curtis West, CFP®, MSBA
Lead Financial Advisor
- 17 years of experience in Financial Services
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation since 2010
- Masters of Science Business Administration, San Diego State University
- Personal Financial Planning Certificate, San Diego State University
- Bachelor of Science Management, Clemson University
Utilizing his 17 years of diverse experience in financial services, Curtis works to help his clients define their goals and maximize their resources to achieve success. His driving force is to live an adventurous life while making meaningful connections with people helping them overcome the obstacles and fears that keep them from true success.
Curtis is an avid mountain biker and has a passion for motorcycles and classic cars. Every summer, he volunteers at CalEx Experience Camp, a week-long summer camp for grieving children who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or primary caregiver.
“After working with many clients with diverse circumstances, I have found that no matter where in life or where on the financial spectrum a person is, the unease and concern around finances remain. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, I develop and implement financial planning that addresses those concerns and inspires confidence.” –Curtis West
Marty Rascon, BS Finance
Financial Advisor associate
- Corporate Finance Institute® Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst Certification
- Member, Finance and Investment Society, San Diego State University
- CFA, Level 1 Candidate; August 2021
- Series 65 Investment Advisor License
Marty leads our investment committee and works closely with our Chief Investment Officer to examine the economic environment. He selects investments for client accounts and prepares portfolio analysis. As a financial advisor associate, he meets with clients to review their financial goals.
Marty is also responsible for business 401K and pension education and implementation. He communicates with all team members to ensure that client service requests are expedited and completed. He wears many hats in our office, assisting in the team’s marketing efforts, daily operations, and new business development.
“Nothing makes me happier than knowing I made a tangible contribution to another’s well-being. As a financial advisor associate, I work with clients to support their financial journey. Above all else, I seek to understand each client’s particular needs.” -Marty Rascon
Kai Kramer, BA Economics
Client Service Associate
- Bachelors of Arts, Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles
- Member, Undergraduate Business Society, UCLA
- Financial Planning Intern, Ameriprise Financial Services
Kai provides excellent client service with quick responses to client questions. He communicates with our custodian for account maintenance, processing client requests, and preparing forms. Kai supports PWM financial advisors in client meetings, compiles investment data, and assists with the financial planning process.
We would love to learn more about you.
Knowledgeable and expert.